Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Anderson Powerpole Connectors

So, I purchased the Anderson Powerpole Connectors to use at the connections of the temporary benchwork.  I tried to use a cheaper crimping tool I found off Amazon but could never make a tight crimp on the wire.  So, I returned that to Amazon and purchased the TriCrimp ratcheting crimp tool which is designed for the PowerPole connectors.  After doing so, the issue was resolved.  The TriCrimp tool does an awesome job of making a good tight connection.  I purchased the materials from Powerwerx online.

Here is a great video link on how to assemble the PowerPole Connectors.


Here is how I did it.

Strip the wire back about 3/8"

Twist the wire.


Add the #1031 contact

After crimped, line up the connector as such.  Insert the wire and connector into the plastic housing.  It takes some force to insert.


Crimp the connector on.

Give it a good yank to ensure a tight connection.

When I ordered a new tool, I ordered color coordinated PowerPole connectors.

Finished product.






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the TRIcrimp tool Steven.

    I've been making due with one of the crimpers I have but after seeing your post and video I'll be ordering the TRIcrimp with my next Powerwerx order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brad, I found it to be night and day difference. The TriCrimp tool does much better. I pulled it on the connector pretty hard after crimping and couldn't pull it off. I'm definitely satisfied with the tool.

      Delete