Monday, August 31, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Work Continues

Late last night, I worked on re-staging the layout.  This evening I finished that up.  So, another item off my To Do list.  I'm really excited to see how the freight will be moving across the layout.  Peoria and action around Bureau Junction will be very interesting to watch.

This evening I worked on construction of the lift out section for Bureau Junction.  The light weight section simple lifts up and away.  It is constructed of 1x2s and 1/4" birch plywood.  I need to add some additional bracing and come up with some bolts that will be run through the bracing to secure it to the existing layout sections.  I should have it wrapped up tomorrow.


An overhead view of the lift out section.

The wye track coming in from the left.  The track on the right is the Peoria mainline branching off the Chicago-Silvis mainline.

At West Bureau Junction looking east.  Left track is the Peoria Storage, Main 2, Main 2 and further up is the wye track down to the Peoria Main.

A closer view of Bureau Junction.

It doesn't feel like a lot of progress was made tonight, but I do have family in town.  Tomorrow, I can ramp up for some serious work.

Track is due to arrive tomorrow.  I have enjoyed laying track once again.  It is one of my favorite tasks.

Goals Update
So, this is what I need to accomplish in the next 12 days.  
  • Tear down old TV cabinet off wall
  • Construct new Peoria Section and Lift Out piece
  • Install new turnout for Peoria Storage Track
  • Re-work track at LaSalle for Bureau Junction
  • Lay Track in Peoria
  • Wire up and install all new Caboose Ground Throws for new Section
  • Install new Sand Clean out Track
  • Install Tortoise Switch Machines at Crossover in East Ottawa Yard
  • Repair three broken turnout points on old turnouts.
  • Add new crossover at East Utica.
  • Add new crossover to access Utica Storage Track.
  • Stage Layout
  • Clean Track 
  • Clean Locomotives




No comments:

Post a Comment