Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Sand Dump Track

Today, I received the materials required to add the run around track and sand dump track.  I didn't have much time at all to work, but this is what I managed to get done tonight.

I added a 1x2 to the fascia of the layout to create space for the new run around track.  Laid out the track to see how it will work.  Painted the 1x2 black to match the fascia.  Cut in the first switch at South Ottawa off Ottawa Silica Track 1 (OS1).

A run around track is required as locomotives are not permitted under the loading tipple, but as you can see I'm out of real estate.  The wonderful thing about N scale is that you can simply add a 1x2 to the fascia and BAM!  We have enough room to add a track.

Overview of the scene.

1x2 added.  

Track laid out to show the new arrangement to access the sand dump track.



No comments:

Post a Comment