Saturday, February 5, 2011

Progress Report 02.04.11 + Announcement

Progress Report
This morning I installed the benchwork for the remaining section of the N&W Meredosia Branchline.  Cork and track were also installed and tested.

Carrie Ave Shops have been completed.  I'm looking forward to having a place for the locomotives when not in use.  Plus a car shop for my bad orders.

Announcement
As I continue to dial in my desires for the layout, I have made an executive decision to change the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy crossing in Joliet to now be the Atchinson, Topeka and Santa Fe crossing.  Both lines crossed in Joliet.  The AT&SF line continues down into Galesburg, IL and over to Fort Madison, IA.  I have been to a few places on this line.  As for the CB&Q/BN it has never particularly been one of my favorites. 

With this change, I have located some motive power for the new AT&SF local.  It will be featuring an Atlas GP30 in the Yellowbonnet paint scheme. 

Existing paperwork destined for CB&Q will stay the same for now.  Crews will follow the same instructions as before with the former CB&Q interchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment