Saturday, May 7, 2011

Progress Report 05.07.11

Concrete crews worked early this morning paving all the sidewalks in Rock Island plus the remaining sidewalks in Stockdale and Blue Island.  All sidewalks are installed minus a small section in Joliet.

After the backdrops were installed in Rock Island, the buildings were a little too long in some places.  This afternoon, I took the roto tool and trimmed off the back of the buildings for a flush fit.

This evening I went back with the joint compound to fill in land areas around the sidewalks.  My little town of Rock Island has really blossomed.  The Bar Mills sidewalks are an awesome addition to the layout.  They really spiff up a scene. 

I think one of my favorite places to railfan on the layout is sitting on the old wooden bench outside Barlow Pharmacy in Rock Island.  You're shaded from the sun, great food right down the street and double-track action.   Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment