Sunday, September 18, 2011

Progress Report 09.18.11

Installed the Micro-Trains coupler conversion on my eBay find U25B.  Thanks to Marcus for picking up the pilot coupler conversion.  It wasn't without a minor situation though.  When pulling the trucks off to clip the rapido (rapy-doo - Ha Ha) couplers, the truck exploded!  It didn't look too bad to put back together except for a mysterious metal clip/spring.  I wasn't quite sure how it was to be installed.  I went to pull the second truck to use as a reference.  Well, immediately upon touching it, it exploded into numerous pieces.  Oh my!  Not good!  Called the Kato/Atlas tech support hotline in South Carolina (aka Larry) for assistance.  Thanks Larry!  I'm happy to report all is back together and operational now. The locomotive will be placed into service for the next op session.

Today, the day after the op session, I went around taking note of how many cars were spotted at each industry.  I will log this data in my spreadsheet to generate randomly how many cars will be required for pickup and set off for the next op session.

No comments:

Post a Comment