Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Progress Report 09.20.11

Today, worked out more details on converted to a more prototypical train list including revised locals.  If all goes well, I hope to implement the conversion for the next op session in November.

Installed JMRI's Decoder Pro on my MacBook, but unable to access the serial port connection.  I was able to connect using a virtual Windows XP machine in Parallels Desktop.  Connected to a locomotive and was quickly and easily able to change the speed table among other settings.  I really like this!  I will have to play around with it more.

In other news, I have a Atlas GP7 that appears to be demon possessed.  The light keeps flicking on without having it set to come on.  The unit seems to run ok, but it is like it has a short somewhere.  I will have to investigate further.

Researching ALCO C-415s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment