Friday, October 28, 2011

Progress Report 10.28.11

I have been fairly quiet this week, but some progress is being made. I managed to weather an additional 17 cars.  The fleet is looking really good!

I received notice that the Atlas GP7 is on its return trip from New Jersey from warranty repair.

Ballast update:  I had a conversation with Harley Smith at Smith & Sons Ballast last night regarding my order.  It was discussed to use a different color ballast for sidings and industrial tracks.  After conferring with my friends Marcus and Larry, it was decided to keep the same color for main and sidings, but use a darker color for the yards and industrial tracks.  I will most likely mix in a small of amount of the darker ballast on the sidings.  From this conversation, I needed to measure the track on my layout.  Doing so this morning, I have 227 feet of mainline/sidings and roughly 230 feet of industrial/yard tracks.

The road and sidewalk project on SW Washington Street in Peoria is completed.


Traffic has begun using the new road.  





I added some dirt to the Peoria Cordage lot.  Additional scenery will be added very soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment