Saturday, February 18, 2012

First Fascia Board Installed!

After a long day of running errands, this afternoon I got the urge to attempt the fascia install on the lower peninsula.  This process was incredible easy.  After only one piece was installed, I was blown away by the difference it makes.  It really dresses up the layout!  Worked on it off an on, between helping the girls with their Zhu Zhu pets, managing the girls working their chores and working on the layout.  The process took about two hours with all that going on, but I completed the the fascia for all the lower level peninsula.  This was a major project on my pre-March 31st op session To Do list.  This was a great achievement today.  I'm so incredibly pleased by the appearance of the layout now.  What great motivation to continue on!






Here is a sample of the revised timetable schedule which now includes freight trains for TT&TO operations.  This coming session, will be the debut of these type of operations.  I also highlighted the arrival times at stations to assist crews in identifying opposing trains.  I did just notice something on this as Train 1,2 & 57 need to be classified as First Class.  I will have to have a word with our clerical department.  You just can't find good help now a days.  Wait....that's me.  Nevermind!  I will update the timetable.


Also, I mentioned a week or two ago, I cut the benchwork between the mainline and Joliet Grain spur.  I added some drywall putty between the gap.  No more rolling cars down the spur.





No comments:

Post a Comment