Sunday, February 19, 2012

Progress Report 02.19.12

Last night, I ripped out the cardboard strip/plaster cloth scenery at East Rock Island and around the Mississippi River valley.  Worked on cutting and shaping the styrofoam in this area.  Last night, I managed to rip the Shur-Form tool across my finger nail.  It shapes those too.  No major issue though.

This morning, I applied plaster to the new landscape in East Rock Island.  I filled in most of the gaps between the existing scenery and the new fascia board on the lower peninsula.  I also filled in a low spot of the road in front on the Franklin Farms' house.

This evening, I continued working on shaping the Mississippi River valley including building up the landscape for the bridge abutments on the east shore of the river.  During the process, I managed to run the box cutter across the palm of my hand.  Much more blood with this incident.  Initially, it appeared that the ROCK would be paying out an OSHA claim as I might require stitches.  I was able to get the bleeding under control and nurse the wound.  All seems fine now.

My wife stated, "So, I'm guessing you are done in the railroad room tonight."  I agreed.  About an hour later, I found myself itching to do something.  So, I went back upstairs and determined I could paint the fascia with one hand.  So, I commenced and completed the task.  Another item off my To Do list.  ROCK management applauds the efforts and dedication of their crews.

No comments:

Post a Comment