Saturday, March 17, 2012

Progress Report 03.16.12

I had the day off.  In between running errands and spending time with family in from TX, I managed to get a lot accomplished.

I can't remember where I stated I had got to with the fascia project last.  Fascia is installed from West Davenport to just west of Bureau, Ottawa (former Stockdale) through Blue Island).  This leaves Burr Oak Yard in Chicago, Bureau, the Ovalix and Peoria.  The fascia is looking great!

I decided to trim down the hill adjacent to the track (on the fascia) in Joliet.  I dipped a little too low with the jig saw and completely ripped out the storage track.  Ooops!  It ripped it out of the road crossing too.  Sadness!  Well, now that the damage has been done, I have always wanted a storage track for the Joliet locomotive and caboose.  I think I'll go ahead and add it now that the area has been torn up.  Removed the damaged track, filed down the glue and removed the road in the area.  I will lay the new turnout and track soon and repair the road.

My plan is to wrap up projects by the middle of this week and then clean and prepare for the op session.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment