Thursday, March 15, 2012

Progress Report 03.15.12

Yesterday was a very busy day for non-model railroading activities, but I still managed to squeeze out some time while maintaining an open support case chat session with our IT group in India.  You gotta love that.

Cut and installed the fascia for West Davenport, the newly created Caldwell Harbor (named after my wife's cousin's family name - they own a tug boat business on the Mississippi River) and the end cap of the layout.

I was able to cut and shape the styrofoam for the new hills and such added in Davenport Yard and Caldwell Harbor by the installation of the fascia.  Applied dry wall compound to the newly constructed landscape areas.

This evening, I had another big push on the fascia project.  I installed fascia on two thirds of the upper level peninsula.

Everything is falling together nicely with the fascia install project.  I can't wait to get it sanded down and painted!

I am concerned about how to do the fascia over by Bureau.  I have the basic box structure for the benchwork, but overlapped the boundaries of the benchwork with plywood on top.  I will have to see how flexible that luan is.  Hopefully it will make the curve ok.

At some point, I need to install the train order signals.  I definitely want those operational for the op session on the 31st!

No comments:

Post a Comment