Friday, March 23, 2012

Progress Report 03.23.12

This morning, I installed all the new car card box labels.  Nothing too exciting, but necessary.

This evening, I continued working on the roads for the industries in Blue Island.  The big road / parking lot project was paving the new West Davenport Intermodal terminal.

Keller Mills track has been converted to an intermodal terminal.  Where to ship bulk flour?  Well, to Chicago Bakery Inc at the former Proctor & Gamble site in Blue Island.  A large elevator for Keller Mills would have been nice, but would have blocked access and view of the staging yard tracks.  An intermodal facility fits nicely in the space, but doesn't block access to staging.

I installed the first of the train order signals.  Just wow!!!  I printed small square sheets to include the "Route Rock" logo, station name and room for the toggle switch and red/green aspects.  I placed the printed sheet between a thin sheet of clear styrene and a .040 (1mm) white styrene backing.  Drilled holes through the 1x4 benchwork and then attached the bulbs and toggle to the styrene sandwich.  I only completed one tonight, but went ahead and prepared the remaining station plates as well as pre-wire four of the six train order signal locations.  That is all I could complete tonight as I was under a power tool curfew due to the kids and wife asleep in their rooms.  No worries though.  I will continue work tomorrow.

A special thanks to Larry Keller of the Lehigh & Hudson River Railroad for the idea on the train order signals and to Marcus Neubacher of the Charleston, Roanoke & Eastern Railroad for his suggestion of the station plates using the white and clear styrene.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment