Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Progress Report 03.21.12

I failed to mention on Monday, I re-installed all the car card boxes, DCC throttle plug-in jacks and throttle holders.

Late last night, I added the new road in Joliet and filled in the gap between the roads in Blue Island and the fascia.  I also started on the rough roads in front of D&D News in Blue Island plus the new road leading to the moved Bureau station.  Oh yes, I probably failed to mention I moved Bureau station to the wye as it is in reality.  So, no more reverse moves into Bureau off the Peoria Branch.  I also built up the land forms in Joliet to match the fascia elevation.

This morning, finished clean-up of the layout itself (the room is still a mess).

Sanded the roads in Joliet and Blue Island and painted.  I also painted the road in front of Franklin Farms.

When re-installing the car card boxes, I moved of the boxes around plus some industry names have changed .  I decided to dress up the box labels from the originally printed versions.  The new box label displays the RI logo, lists the town and industry to help quickly identify them.  A sample is shown below.


The layout is starting to look classy now!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment