Friday, March 30, 2012

Progress Report 03.30.12

This morning, I added some feeder wires over to the engine terminal at Peoria.  Originally, it didn't require any as motive power worked well through the area, but evidently the rail gaps have opened up some now requiring the feeders.  Tested and all is good.

I plugged in all the throttles to ensure everything was kosher for the op session and found two that had the same address which created some issues.  I changed the address of one of the throttles and tested.  All ok now.

Tested the power on the Peoria Local.  It's running with somewhat of a delayed response.  I'm not sure if the momentum is turned on or what, but I will need to investigate further this afternoon.

Added the locomotive cards to each train information packet.

Setup my fast clock app on the laptop.  I use a free application downloaded from the web for the 4:1 fast clock.  It runs on my laptop which also connects to the 27" LCD.  So, seeing the time is not an issue on the layout.

I was hoping to work on a few more things this evening, but it didn't work out.  That's ok though.

I believe we are ready to ROCK!  I'm looking forward to operating the layout tomorrow with great friends.  This will be the sixth op session of the layout and just before my two year anniversary (April 9th, 2010) since I officially converted to N scale.  I've come a long way since my former days in HO scale.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment