Thursday, June 21, 2012

Committed or Committed?

After tonight's progress I need to either be committed (to a mental institution) or I have no choice but to be committed to rebuilding the layout now!  It's bad enough severing the mainline.  I had issues (at first) cutting the mainline a Blue Island back at Christmas.  That was nothing compared to this.  I didn't just take out a few pieces of track.  I took out 39 feet of mainline alone!

The destruction crews continued their work tonight.  I removed the 1x2 strips that supported the shelves.  I pulled up all the track in the ovalix and Bureau wye.  Removed all the cardboard safety strips in the ovalix. Completely dismantled the ovalix down to the 1x4 box frame originally built.  I need to pull up a few more tracks on the upper level from the former Ottawa branchline and then should be complete with most of the layout destruction.  I still have the big beast of a cabinet in the corner that needs to come out though.  That will be a big job!

Here are photos of the carnage.

The Ovalix before destruction

The ovalix after unscrewing the support brackets for each level.


The ovalix is nolix.

The base frame for the ovalix.  The mainline in the back is the Bureau siding.


No comments:

Post a Comment