Monday, July 30, 2012

Progress Report 07.30.12

Last night, while watching the Olympics, I sorted through, removed/added and organized the waybill cards.  Another item completed off my Project To Do List.

Crews continued work in Ottawa this evening.  I had a short one hour maintenance window to work on the layout before picking up the kids from camp.  I took all that time to lay out the cork for the main/siding and yard.  I had a general idea of how I wanted it, but needed to lay it all out, stare at it, tweak it some more, stare at it again and so forth.

The hour passed by quickly.  After returning from picking up the kids, I went back in the train room.  I thought I would only have a few minutes to stare at the plan some more.  I ended up gaining another hour or so.  I was finally content with the staring and ready to start gluing.  Cranked up the internet radio and glued down all the cork roadbed for the main/siding/BN interchange and four-track yard.  I was hoping I would get that far when I realized I had a second maintenance window open up.

Tomorrow, I can now send out the track gang to lay some track.  With the cork already laid out, it should go well.  I believe tomorrow, I can procure a 2 hour work window.


Project update
1) complete benchwork for the Peoria branch
2) drill holes for the bus wire
3) run the bus wire
4) cut and re-install the workbench desk
5) clean off items stored on layout during construction

6) clean up the room
7) test NCE system to ensure no shorts before commencing trackwork
8) lay cork roadbed and track.
9) drop solder feeders
10) install slide switches
11) install car card boxes

12) run wire and install throttle jacks
13) install fascia board (majority complete - put off for another day)
14) paint fascia board
15) introduce new and remove obsolete waybills
16) re-stage layout (majority is re-staged, but need to integrate the new industries and place cars in the new Ottawa yard, LaSalle and Bureau storage tracks).

17) schedule next op session!






.

No comments:

Post a Comment