Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Progress Report 08.21.12

Management reviewed the bridge install from yesterday.  All looks good.  My daughter even conducted a few 100mph tests through the new bridge.

This evening was a potpourri of work on the layout.  I installed one slide switch (somewhat tricky).  The battery on the drill died.  Started working on some freight cars.

Properly weighted about twenty sand hoppers.

The quick charge completed on the drill.  Noticed I was out of screws to secure the slide switches.  Started drilling the holes for all the remaining slide switches and placed the slide switches in the holes.  Then realized that I didn't have enough.  How could that be?     I know I have some more somewhere.  I tore the room apart looking for them, but I couldn't find them.  I'll have to resume the search tomorrow.

Worked on a few more cars.  I can't remember how many I said that needed repair in the beginning.  I still have around 30 or so.  Many of them simply need couplers.

I'll be glad to finish up with slide switch installs.  They are messy.  I need to vacuum up the layout and the sawdust all over the floor.  It's amazing how quick the room can get dirty.

Created new train instruction cards and local blocking cards.




No comments:

Post a Comment