Monday, September 10, 2012

Progress Report 09.10.12

Yesterday, I worked on cutting and shaping the styrofoam on the curve between LaSalle and Utica.  This morning before work, I lathered it up with drywall compound.  I still need to form the inside of the curve, but making progress.  I was short on time as I had to run another errand before work.

This evening, I worked on the inside curve some more as well as the road that goes down the bluff into LaSalle station.  There is a bluff that the railroad climbs up through after leaving LaSalle heading east toward Utica.  Bluffs like these are more common over near my wife's hometown (closer to the Mississippi River), but it's my world and I shall do as I please.

Pictures of the progress.

The bluff cut looking east toward Utica

Looking east toward Utica

The bluff cut looking west toward LaSalle

Looking west toward LaSalle

It's hard to see, but I'm so proud of my road coming down off the bluff, crossing the tracks to the station.

Another angle of my road

Looking east toward the bluff and Utica

An overall view of the area.







No comments:

Post a Comment