Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Progress Report 09.11.12

Yesterday, I pondered the idea for a small coal fired power plant for Peru.  Unfortunately, N scale doesn't offer much in the way of older brick power plants that are readily available.  I really wish Design Preservation Models made the Powerhouse kit available in N.  That would be perfect.

I'm thinking of using the Walthers Machine Shop kit along with some Tomix manufacturing plant coolers.  I think this could pass for a small power plant that would receive a few loads of coal on a regular basis.  Maybe I can route some of the Charleston, Roanoke & Eastern (CR&E) hoppers up with some of that eastern coal.





This morning, I turned my focus toward the Westclox plant in LaSalle.  I am working at kitbashing the structure from Walthers George Roberts Printing kits.  It will be a large plant for sure.  So far, it seems to be coming together nicely as I glued most of the wall sections together.  I need to add some styrene joint pieces to make the structure stronger.

I'm hoping by the end of the week, I will have the basic structure up so the company photographer can snap a few photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment