Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Progress Report 09.18.12

Sinus season is upon us again.  Uggh.  I was dragging this morning and had the option to sit in the recliner and watch tv or press on and try to get something done on the layout.  Still motivated by the pending op session, I decided on the latter.

Started off with some light work, sanding and painting the widened neighborhood street in Bureau.  This is looking really nice!  I will post more pics once I complete installing the sidewalks.  Bureau in general is looking great.  A far cry from v1.0.

Paving crews finished up over in LaSalle.  The roads are ready to now receive sidewalks.

I then moved back up to Joliet Grain Company completing the formation of the earth with the wall plaster.  I still need to sand everything down in this area, but it is looking good.

I was just about to put up the wall plaster, but remembered, I needed to give some attention to the newly constructed Peru Power and Water plant.  Built up the earth around the plant including forming the rough driveways and related roads.  I have a vision for this area and will try my best to complete the scene before the op session.

This evening, I painted the interior of Belrose Silica's sand quarry.  I have mixed feelings about the colors.  Of course, I'm color blind.  It could be hot pink for all I know.  LOL!  I will need to call in the assistant foreman for confirmation before continuing that project.

Later in the evening, I continued my civil engineering projects.  I created the earth in the corner between the Federal Paper Mill and Joliet Grain Company.  I also worked on the scenery base from the overpass in Joliet to the road crossing at D&D News in Blue Island.

I'm preparing as much as possible for a grass blitz tomorrow night as I have a solid 2 hour window to work on the layout.






No comments:

Post a Comment