Monday, October 15, 2012

Progress Report 10.15.12 - Locomotives repaired

One of my Intermountain FP7s was acting up last session requiring engineer Larry to combine the two evening Rocket trains using one locomotive.  The one locomotive that was acting odd had previously been speed matched with other freight locomotives.  The locomotive was making odd noises too when powered up.  I reset both decoders on the FP7s and tested.  All is well now.

I actually need to do that on a few other locomotives that have been acting peculiar.

Well, I started to do just that.  One locomotive was very erratic.  I tinkered with it enough until I fried the decoder.  It was a blaze of electronics glory.  I guess I'll be shipping that decoder off to TCS tomorrow for a replacement.  Hopefully, I'll have better luck with the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment