Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Progress Report 11.13.12 - The Road to Nowhere

Whoa!  A post?  Holy cow it's been a long time!

Saturday, ROCK Management spent the day observing operations on Marcus Neubacher's Charleston, Roanoke & Eastern Railroad.  It was a great time and inspiring to see the scenery progressing.

Back on the range, I have been in a major funk lately and not sure why.  I think I must have some rare Asian flu or something.  I have just been exhausted and had no desire to do much of anything lately.  I need to get my groove back!

This evening, I finally made it back into the layout room.  No monumental progress was made.  I think the first 10 minutes or so, I simply stood around looking at everything.  Finally, flipped on the LED lights.  Sanded the new rural highway added between Peru and LaSalle, IL.  Also, sanded the driveway down to the Peru Water & Power Plant.

Majority of my locomotives are top notch and run like champs.  Then, I have a few that run horribly and need a lot of TLC.  I attempted to work on one tonight, but wasn't successful.  I spent majority of my time working with that.  I'm pretty frustrated with the poor performers.  I might just cut my losses and start unloading those on eBay.

1 comment:

  1. Poor performers are a pain, but when you are trying to run ops with one, it makes them seem even worse. Might be a good idea to dump them and take the money and buy a few better ones. I've done this a few times.

    ReplyDelete