Friday, November 16, 2012

Progress Report 11.14.12 - Back Shop Report

I managed to make it back in the layout room for a second day in a row.  That's progress my friend!

Anywho, continued working with some of the troublesome locomotive fleet.  I believe I have the EMD E7 ready for service.  It seemed to be running better, but needed an adjustment on the coupler.  I had to glue the coupler pocket down, but should be good now.  If this locomotive makes it back into service, I will use this for the massive combined passenger train next session and move the FP7s to general freight service.

I worked on the Atlas GP7s a bit.  Those have always been troublesome.  I was hoping to get at least two working, but now I'm wondering if that is possible.  It appears those will most likely be moved on eBay.  Atlas is usually better than that.  I must have received a bad batch.

I'm still waiting on my decoder to come back from TCS.  Once that is in, I should be able to get the one GP40 back in service.

Last session, we ran 17 trains.  This session, I'm planning on only running 14 trains, but utilizing one crew member for full-time yard duty service.  Hopefully, it won't be too slow between trains.




7 comments:

  1. Steve, Which run of the Atlas GP7's are you referring to?
    Allen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I've been looking for a few more, if you want to part with them, drop me an email via my blog and maybe we can work out a deal.
      Allen...

      Delete
    2. These chassis are beat to hell. I doubt you would want them. I'm actually missing one of the three. These locomotives took a fall long time ago from the ovalix and haven't quite been right since.

      Delete
  3. OK, Are the shells OK?
    I like to tinker with stuff from time to time, it was just a thought.
    Allen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have sold you the shells, but I was finally able to get those on some extra Bachmann powered chassis' last night. I do have one extra GP7 shell that is #4434. It's cracked a little on one end. Nothing that you can see from above. Would you be interested in that one? It's in the blue/white paint scheme. I'd sell it for $5 plus shipping.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete