Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Progress Report 11.28.12 - Piddling around

This morning, I returned to the layout room.  Either I have been sick with sinus crud, or busy due to all the events going around this time of year.

I added a few freight cars to a late arriving freight train to be classified by the new yardmaster.

I sanded (again) the highway between Peru and LaSalle.  I had a few more places to patch up.  Hopefully, I can get this completed so I can paint the highway and apply ground cover in the region.

It just dawned on me, I only have two weeks from this Saturday to get the layout ready for the next op session.

So, let's go back to the list created on 10/21 to see how we're doing?

1) Complete base scenery between Peru and LaSalle, IL (nearly done, but a slow process)
2) Complete base scenery in West Bureau, IL (doubtful this will happen)
3) Complete base scenery between Utica and Ottawa, IL (doubtful this will happen)
4) Complete base scenery between Ottawa and Joliet Grain Co. (doubtful this will happen)
      * This should complete all base scenery on the layout.
5) Ballast the section between LaSalle and Utica, IL (postponed, waiting for some expert help from friends)
6) Figure out an appropriate color for the pond by Franklin Farms so that it doesn't look like a nuclear waste dump!  Pour Mod Podge to create lake scene. (might try giving this a whirl), but my colorblind self has issues with colors.  
7) Plant all trees in my possession (highly unlikely)
8) Continue ballasting where I can (well, I did a little)
9) Work on large Westclox building (not going to happen before the op session).

Wow!  I have been highly unproductive since the last op session.  I'm usually better than that.  I'll see what I can complete in the next week before preparing for the op session.

No comments:

Post a Comment