Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Progress Report 01.15.13 - Ballast Train Arrives

I'm so happy to be feeling good again (and more importantly productive!).  This morning, I sanded the road leading to the Heartland Coop elevator as well as the lot for Rock Island Fuel.  Painted both.  I then spread and glued the ballast for both industries.

This evening, I went back and added some ground cover between the industrial tracks and mainline.  I added a layer of dirt, rubbed in with my finger, over the ballasted areas for Heartland Coop.  I want the tracks to look beat up and poorly maintained.  I also plan to add some spilled corn between the rails.

I added a few oil stains between the rails at the Rock Island Fuel facility.  I added a small strip of styrene around the area for the LP tanks.  I will fill in this area with a fine gravel.  I went digging deep into my scenery supplies and found my BLMA chain link fences.  I installed a few pieces, but need some areas to dry before completing the project.

The scene is really starting to look nice!  I'm so excited!!!

Continued working on the dialogue for the upcoming ROCK video.

Oh yes, we had another accident this evening.  No, not post the "0 Days since last accident" type.  I grabbed the wrong cup this evening.  I meant to grab for the cup of ballast, but grabbed the cup of matte medium and threw down on the layout.  I responded like Doc on Back to the Future.  Of course, the glue ran up under one of the switches.  Oh no!  The switch will probably be glued shut now!  I got out the shop vacuum and vacuumed everything up.  Hopefully I kept it on there long enough for it to dry out the glue so we won't have to replace the switch.

Pics of today's progress:











No comments:

Post a Comment