Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Progress Report 01.16.13 - Scenery Addiction

I have become addicted to working on scenery.  Once you start, you can't stop!  It's time consuming, but very enjoyable to see the scene come to life.

Late last night, I went back and worked on the layout again.  I painted and applied the dirt/grass around Rock Island Fuel and Heartland Coop.  I also painted the biohazard pond by Franklin Farms.  I've mentioned it before, but I'm color blind.  I had tried various colors for the pond with the last being cobalt blue.  It looked like a nuclear waste dump.  Tonight, I painted it brown and applied some fine dirt around the banks.

This morning, even though I overslept, I still managed to get moving and work on the layout before leaving for work.

Vacuumed up the excess grass and dirt from last night's application around the two industries.

I completed installing the fence around Rock Island Fuel.  The only thing left with that is the gate pieces.  I'm stoked about this fence!  It looks great!!

I poured Mod Podge into the pond by Franklin Farms.  Hopefully, we'll have a fisherman out there before long catching some dinner.

I painted and applied the gravel that will reside under the LP Tanks at Rock Island Fuel.

I wanted to do more, but my daily alarm to remind me it was time for work had already went off ten minutes ago.

This evening, I vacuumed up the excess gravel at the fuel facility.  Touched up some bare spots.  Installed the gate for the fence.

Removed the decoder from the Kato Union Pacific SD40 and dropped in the newly received Rock Island custom paint SD40-2.  Tested.  The Union Pacific SD40 will be going up for auction on eBay.  Now, I have two solid RI SD40-2 power sets.

Pictures of today's progress:


















No comments:

Post a Comment