Monday, February 25, 2013

Progress Report 02.25.13 - Ballast Prep Work in Ottawa

Last night, I had a little bit of time so I looked around the room trying to figure out what I will tackle next.  I set my eyes upon Ottawa.  I removed all the cars from the yard and started painting the rails brown.  I didn't get far before I stopped to play the Wii with my daughters.

This morning, I was too exhausted to think about anything much less the layout.  This evening though, I resumed work.  I managed to paint all the rails (including the yard and industry tracks) from the BN crossing up to the east turnout at Ottawa.

I'm expecting a big ballast blitz to occur tomorrow.

I still have a ways out until the next op session on the 23rd, but I hadn't made any concrete goals before then.  I have already accomplished a lot since the last session (which seems like forever ago).  I guess three things that would be awesome to complete:

1) ballast all of Ottawa
2) ballast Kelly Yard at Silvis
3) massive tree building session to fill in the bare areas.

One of the layout's most enthused fans from Texas is coming up in two weeks.  I wonder what I can get done before his arrival.

Ottawa Yard is looking pretty sad this evening with no freight traffic.  Oh, I did add a new tool shed (a former Santa Fe box).  It derailed on the property....the Rock never returned it.







No comments:

Post a Comment