Saturday, February 9, 2013

This is the ROCK....Take Two!

ROCK management spent the day operating on the Charleston, Roanoke & Eastern Railroad.  Compliments to the owner Marcus Neubacher for a most excellent operating session.  I worked one of the tougher locals (C41 out of New Castle, WV), as well as two road trains and Lewisburg (WV) yardmaster.

This afternoon, Ben Earp (and Marcus Neubacher) returned for Take Two of "This is the ROCK..." video.  I've been told that the video is still expected to be released on his YouTube channel on March 1st.  I'm looking forward to it.




A special thanks to Steve Holzheimer for two things: 1) painting six Atlas coal hoppers in "Boom-Time" blue.  I will work on decaling those soon so they will enter into service before the next operating session.  2) Steve brought me a printed article called "The Yard Job, The J-740" from the 2005 NMRA National Convention.  It goes into detail on working the yard job at Ottawa, IL.  It includes a track diagram of the yard and Ottawa Silica Company as well as modeling tips for the yard job.  Wow!  I've never found any information previously on operating this job.  This is gold to me!  Steve did offer some words of caution when reading this article.  It might cause me to want to rip out Ottawa to make changes more like the prototype.  I told him (and my wife) that I'm too far gone for that at this stage now.  My wife just looked at me like "yeah right!"  I swear, no more major changes!

I can't wait to sit down and quietly study this job to learn more about the ROCK!


No comments:

Post a Comment