Monday, April 8, 2013

Progress Report 04.08.13 - Are you putting a little weight on?

Well, yesterday and today, I worked on adding 1/4oz weights to freight cars.  I'm also adding bird shot to the inside of tank cars.  All freight cars will be heavier by next session.  Many will be over National Model Railroad Association (NMRA) standards, but I'd rather be a little over than too light.  The cars track extremely well when weighted heavy.  I'm happy to report that all of the cars in Moline and East Moline (including Kelly Yard at Silvis) have completed the transformation.

This evening, I had the pleasure of working side by side with my daughters.  They wanted to assist with the project.  I would separate the cars and they would add the weight.  They also took turns powering the switcher locomotives moving cuts of cars back from the foreground track to the yard track.  We knocked out a bunch of cars working as a team.


No comments:

Post a Comment