Friday, April 12, 2013

Progress Report 04.12.13 - New Locomotives plus Weight Project

The second half of this week was a wild one.  I haven't been able to work on the layout for a few days. This evening, I managed to get decoders installed in the newly received Kato SD40-2s (undec for now).  Those Kato SD40-2s run like a dream!

I continued adding weight in cars from Joliet through Blue Island.  I have just the cars in Chicago to complete now.

I also matched up the car cards and waybills for the newly received Atlas 3,560 CuFt Covered Hoppers which will be transporting dolomite and soda ash to the LOF plant (for glass making).

Tomorrow, the ROCK will have some guests visit.  Let's hope everything runs well for the visitors.  One will be a boy about 6 or 7.  Hopefully he will take an interest.  I will make sure he has a chance to run a train across the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment