Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rock Island v.2.0 - Switchlists are Generated

So, I continue my quest for knowledge about the sand operations around Ottawa.  I have been researching the area extensively for the past week or so.  I have gathered many images of Rock Island customer's structures between Peru and Ottawa as well as the yard, surrounding scenery, etc.  I have a book of printed material that I have created that is about a half an inch thick!

Yesterday, I started thinking about converting to a switchlist if the Rock v.2.0 was to happen.  I created sample switchlists of the #118 LaSalle Turn, #217 Ottawa Local and Yard Job.  Pretty cool stuff!  Now, to figure out how to automate the re-staging process.  I plan to run some of this by fellow modeler Larry Keller this weekend when he visits the ROCK.  I think the switchlists would work well.





In other news, I have simply been running trains back and forth across the layout.  Weighted = good, non-weighted = derailments.  This is especially true when running long 20+ car trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment