Monday, May 13, 2013

The ROCK: Illinois Division Published (Privately)

Shortly after I began construction on my layout, my good friend Larry Keller was tearing his beloved Peconic Railroad down.  He moved to a new house and quickly started construction on a much larger Lehigh & Hudson River Railroad.  Larry had the Peconic layout for years.  It was decided by myself and my friend Marcus to pay tribute to his layout for all the work and dedication he had provided to us over the years.  We thought the best way would be a photo book tribute.  During his last two operating sessions, we snapped over 400 photos of the layout.  We never clued Larry in on our project, but simply told him we wanted to preserve history by photographing the layout.



Marcus composed the text and I arranged the photos and book layout.  I created the project in iPhoto on the Mac.  The results were phenomenal!  We were both astonished by the quality of the book.  Larry was taken back by our gift that was presented to him at the ROCK's first operating session.  I stated to Larry, one day I will have a book on the ROCK.  Well, the day is coming.  I've started work on my own memory book of the Rock Island: Illinois Division.




No comments:

Post a Comment