Monday, September 23, 2013

ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 09.23.13

This morning, I laid out some cork roadbed on the layout to see if my track plan will work.  It appears, I will be able to do everything I want (nearly matching the vision of 2.0).  The biggest difference is the lack of full size buildings (I will use building flats or partial buildings) and less wide-open scenery (which is easier on me to work on).  Oh, and no continuous running in a loop.


LaSalle, IL

Utica, IL

Ottawa Yard (looking east)

Ottawa Yard (looking west)


This evening, my wife Carrie and I worked on installing some railroad tools I had collected plus some rule books on the wall.  Again, thanks to Carrie for helping get the room together.  It's looking great!









6 comments:

  1. Hot damn!
    Looking great Steven (and Carrie).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steven -

    Do you nail or glue your track? The reason I am asking is that OSB is made of many different kinds of wood, and I have found some to be impossible to push a nail through without drilling a pilot hole. I switched to adhesive on my little switching pike and plan to use it again with my Belt Line layout.

    Either way, you sure make more headway than me!

    Kevin Blair
    www.thewaybill.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used Aleene's tacky glue. I used that on v.1.0 as well. It holds well, but can be removed by spraying some water on the area and prying loose with a putty knife.

      Delete
  3. File that one under the "great minds..." category. I used Aleene's as well.

    ReplyDelete