Saturday, September 21, 2013

ROCK 3.0: Progress Report, Electrical Work and Crossing Gate Signals

Last night, I spent some time assisting the Charleston, Roanoke & Eastern's president in some electrical work on his layout.  We re-crimped probably 12 loconet cables (some of the cables were reversed).  They are now all in the "data style".

This morning, I continued work on cleaning the room.  Everything is off the floor now and I'm starting to put stuff away in its rightful place.

I reviewed the track plan and anxiously look forward to laying out cork later this weekend.

After working with Marcus on all his electronics last night, that got me to thinking. To add some excitement to the layout, I plan on adding one set of lighted crossbucks with moving gates.  They are powered by two Tortoise switch machines.  The train will activate them automatically when it crosses over the Infrared (IR) detection.  The girls have always wanted this.  I have two other potential crossings that I might add another set with gates or just the flashing lights.  We'll see how it goes with the one set first.






No comments:

Post a Comment