Monday, October 28, 2013

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 10.28.13

I worked on various things today, but nothing photo worthy yet.  I worked on the plaster subroadbed for the crossover from the main and connection to Ottawa Silica/LOF at the CB&Q junction.

This evening, I started to drill the hole for the ground throw, but wasn't having much luck.  I then decided to change out the bit as it was just sliding across the throw bar.  The new bit worked like a charm and sped up the process.  I drilled holes and prepared the turnouts for installation tomorrow.

I laid out, but did not shape the flex track for the remaining mainline down to Peru.

I cut and prepared the PC boards and rail for the gauntlet track 2.0.  I wasn't pleased with the first gauntlet track, so I'm taking another stab at it.  I need to get busy as the borrowed tools I have need to be returned November 9th.  My goal is to build two (one for Ottawa Silica and one for Belrose Silica).  I hope to start soldering tomorrow night.  I need to review the Fast Tracks video on soldering tips.  The first attempt was loaded down with solder.  I know I can do better.




No comments:

Post a Comment