Sunday, December 8, 2013

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 12.08.13

Today, I worked on the layout off and on.  This morning, I completed soldering the feeder wires over on the left side of the layout (LaSalle and Utica).  The hard part after completing that is focusing enough not to play.  I found myself moving cars all around the layout (testing of course).  As my friend Allen says, "I smell the Spring rains".  A long time ago, I proclaimed I wanted to be back up and running by Spring 2014.  I see it happening!  I forecast the Return of the ROCK inaugural op session will occur in late February or early March!

So, back to work.  Off and on this evening, I worked on soldering feeder wires on the right side of the layout.  I'm happy to say that I have them all completed and connected to the bus.  This includes all track that has been laid to date.  I didn't have time to test the area over at Ottawa Silica and Libbey-Owens-Ford (LOF) yet.  Play time will be in the morning before work as I test the trackage I wired up tonight.

I'm excited to get trains moving on the layout again.  It feels good!  The locomotives run really well over the new turnouts.  I couldn't be more pleased!

Now, I better go lay down.  I've had my daily intake of burning flux this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment