Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 01.28.14 - Zero Days Without an Accident

This morning, I cut and stripped wires.  I managed to drill the holes and get all the wires inserted, ready for soldering. It shouldn't take long once I fire up ol' Flesh Burner to complete the wiring task.


This evening, I worked feverishly on cleaning and organizing the room.  Which by the way, I made really great progress!  I worked even to the point of going through all my scratchbuilding materials, building parts, etc. sorting by doors, windows, walls, detail parts, etc.  I was working right along consolidating ballast into fewer containers (while leaning over the trash can), something fell off the table and I went to reach for it and stumbled over the trash can.  No biggie, right?  Uh...no.  My leg managed to catch the old damaged flex track that I placed in the trash can.  I managed to drag the two rails down the length of my leg under my knee.  I looked down and could see the cut.  I thought to myself.  That's going to be a bleeder.  Sure enough it was.  It didn't hurt at first, but stings pretty good now!  Good thing I got a tetanus shot recently.  This is the third reportable injury since I started the original layout in 2010.  

So, once again, RI Management must hang the Zero Days Without Injury sign at Ottawa Yard.  


Back to safety school for employees again.  Darnit!  

I had an inquiry from a faithful reader of the blog.  What are the stats of days worked without an accident.

The layout started construction in May 2010.
- 636 Days before the 1st Accident
- Sadly we only went 36 days before our 2nd Accident
- Since our safety program was implemented, we have done better, but still only 672 days until this most recent accident.


No comments:

Post a Comment