Monday, February 17, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 02.17.14

Today, I finally received my package (delayed by the snowstorm last week).  I was able to complete repair of the 12 cars I had left on the workbench.

All cars are staged on the layout minus a handful that will arrive later from Nebraska.  I'm missing three RI sand hoppers though.  I took inventory a while back, but with so many with the same numbers, I believe I must have miscounted.  I mentioned in jest yesterday that I had to sacrifice a RI sand hopper to get those signals wired up.  I had three signal heads give me troubles.  I missing three RI sand hoppers.  Things that make you go Hmm??  Oh well.  I'll have to make adjustments for that on the trains paperwork.

Ottawa Yard starts off really full, but it clears as fast with the departure of #217 Ottawa Local and #118 LaSalle Turn.  That will provide the yardmaster with some breathing room to classify cars.

No work on signals today.  I'm taking a break from those, but do have a desire to work on them again.  It takes time though.  I can't work on them in my 10-20 minute micro work sessions on the layout.

Late this evening, I picked up on the workbench and started construction on the RIP track office/warehouse at Ottawa yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment