Sunday, February 23, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 02.23.14

Not much progress on the layout this weekend.  Saturday, I enjoyed a wonderful time operating Steve Holzheimer's Akron, Canton and Youngstown (AC&Y) Railroad layout.

Today, I worked on cleaning up the storage room (guest bedroom) while making the conversion from 1.0 to 3.0.  I was just thinking today.  I made this conversion in 10 months.  Not bad!  I believe I originally planned for six months, but there were some delays as you might expect with a project of this magnitude.

This evening, I worked on widening the road crossing at Mill Crossing.  I noticed the original road I created was too narrow.

Also, when demonstrating to my cousin (who is a railfan) the crossing gates at Ottawa Avenue.  When shoving a cut of cars north, he commented "that train was on the crossing before the lights started flashing."  He was right.  I need to move the IR sensors further south of the crossing.  Shoving a cut of cars south at slow speeds works fine.  I appreciate his input catching my miscalculation.

No comments:

Post a Comment