Monday, February 24, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 02.24.14

This morning, I worked on the road crossing at Mill Street.  I sanded down the plaster where I added on to the width of the road last night.  I drilled the holes and installed the crossing gates.  I drilled the holes in preparation for installing the IR detectors.

Over at Ottawa Ave between LOF and Ottawa Silica I moved the one sensor so it will provide sufficient room for the train to activate the crossing signal.

Today, I thought about it some more and decided to control this crossing with four sets of IR detectors.  Two away from the crossing and two right at the crossing.   Reading up on sensor placement, this would work best for trains that might stop in the area switching.  It should provide for more realistic operation.

This evening, I drilled the holes for the additional sensors and got them all mounted in the benchwork.  I constructed the bases for the crossing gates as I didn't like the way they were installed this morning.  I will have to let the glue dry overnight.  Wired everything up and tested the sensors.  Sensors are all good and the supports drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment