Friday, February 28, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 02.28.14

This morning, I worked on re-wiring the crossing signals for the Mill Street crossing.  There was some issues the other day where one wire broke loose and then some wires evidently weren't making a good connection.  I removed all the wiring from the signal controller board and started over.  I tested and all detection is working properly now.

I assembled the control panels for the blue flag LED lights.  It was a simple project.  All I did was print the background using Excel, drill a hole in the clear plexiglass I picked up from Home Depot and installed my toggle switch.  It dresses up the control panels a lot.


I gathered up my various sheets of styrene.  I cut the wall pieces for the Ground Sand building.  This will be the large structure in the background.  I need to assemble the walls next.  I'm pretty excited about this.  

I also added the base to the original structure I started a while back which is the loading building for the four sand tracks.  This is just a rough building that I threw together with Styrene.  It's definitely not the finish product as you can see with the sloppiness of construction.  I built it more to get an idea of what it would look like.  It is very cool to see in place.  

Sand loading tracks #1 to #4 (left to right).
Speaking of donuts, all the tracks (mainline and industries) are numbered starting from the closest to the aisle and then left to right.  I did this to be consistent to help crews quickly identify tracks.









No comments:

Post a Comment