Monday, March 3, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 03.03.14

Yesterday, I installed the control panel for the blue flag LED lights at Libbey-Owens-Ford.  They work like a charm, although dimmer than I thought when seeing them in mid-day brightness in the room.  I had only been working with them at night.  If I deem them to be too dim, I'll swap out the resistors with a smaller OHM value.

I found myself shuffling cars around on the layout again last night.  I'm strongly considering running the layout once myself just to see all the moves and such.  Of course, this would provide for some good testing too.  :-)

This evening, I installed the second control panel to control the blue light LEDs at Ottawa Silica (bagged sand loading tracks).  Two down, one to go.

I mounted the signal controller for the Ottawa Avenue crossing under the benchwork.  It was just hanging down under the layout when testing originally.

I measured all the future structures at LOF, Ottawa Silica and PQ.  I cut and shaped some of the overhead piping that will run the silica slurry from the mine up to the wash plant.  I think the overhead piping will be neat!  For the pipe, I'm using utility flags that I picked up at Lowes.  They were cheap for a bundle.  I just tore off the flag and cut the metal pole to length and bent to shape.  I will use styrene square pieces for the support poles.  The piping ran over the tracks to the various buildings at Ottawa Silica.






No comments:

Post a Comment