Friday, March 21, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 03.21.14

This evening, I worked on the layout for four hours.  I worked on numerous little projects.

  • Installed feeder wires for all the new Belrose Silica industry tracks.  Tested the industry tracks.  It's hard to focus when trains start moving.  Snap out of it!  I have more work to do.
  • Tested the Belrose scale again.  Mounted the faceplate.
  • Tested the flashing grade crossing signals at Mill St (gates are down, but not operational yet)
  • Performed some major base scenery work in Utica.  All the scenery base behind the tracks in Utica has been created with the exception of the far right corner.  I would have continued on with that project, but ran out of wall plaster.  I'll make a Home Depot run tomorrow.
  • Tested the crossing gates at Ottawa Avenue.
  • Tested all blue flag LED lights.
  • Repaired the point on a turnout
  • Touched up the fascia paint.
  • Added more decals identifying industries and milepost locations to the fascia
  • Put all my tools and electronic projects away.
  • Sorted through the paperwork for the op session.  I remember I had to re-block train #217.  I classified that using the locomotives.  
    • I found an issue with Track 8 at Ottawa Silica (Frac Sand loading track).  A point had failed and I had repaired, but didn't properly gap.  Most cars had passed over ok, but found some Intermountain cars that did not).  Repaired the turnout.
  • Tested the scale at Ottawa Silica.
  • Installed clipboards for the yardmaster and both scales.  Distributed paperwork as required.
  • Gathered my paperwork as Station Agent and Dispatcher.
  • Determined the motive power for the op session.  
    • #217 - pair of GP7s
    • #118 - pair of SD40-2s (left here in error - crew will love having those).
    • #113 - pair of SD40-2s
    • #112 - pair of RS2s
    • Yard Power - pair of GP18s
    • All Rock Island Power.
  • Started to clean off the project desk.  Organized the black cabinet hanging on the wall (has projects and various sensitive/fragile stuff in there).
  • Installed Blair Line wood grade crossings at LOF, Ottawa Avenue, PQ and Mill Street.  I still have some more to install.
  • Moved some of the girls stuff (bean bag chairs, etc) out of the room.  
I think that's all I did tonight.  It was a lot of little stuff to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment