Sunday, April 27, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 04.26.14 - 04.27.14

Not a lot of work was completed on the layout by myself, but my wife Carrie was very busy.

Saturday, I worked on sanding the parking lot at Philadelphia Quartz (PQ).  It's looking great.  I had to go back and patch a few small areas, but it should be completely done and ready for paint in a day or so.







My wife Carrie logged a bunch of hours sewing the layout skirting panels as well as re-upholstering the free chairs we received for the craft table.  I'm very grateful for all her hard work!!







I was busy working on a non-railroad project for my daughters.  They requested beds for their American Girl Dolls.  I constructed two this weekend out of basswood.  I think they turned out pretty nice.





My next project is to remove the reporting marks from all the Rock Island hoppers in preparation of a massive re-numbering project.   You will notice a Union Pacific hopper in there too.  There are other various ACFX or random gray hoppers.  Those will be re-numbered and re-decaled (logo) for Rock Island.  





No comments:

Post a Comment