Monday, April 28, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 04.28.14

This morning and at lunch time, I worked on stripping reporting marks off Rock Island covered hoppers as well as removing logos on a few others that will be converted to Rock Island equipment.  I managed to go through 50 of them today completing all that I had in stock.

To remove the old reporting marks, I dip my paint brush in Micro Sol on a batch of five hoppers or so.  I wait about a minute and then lightly rub it off using a pencil eraser.  It works great and super fast and easy.  Atlas and Athearn are by far the easiest to remove using this method.  Intermountain was worse and Micro Trains the hardest.


Next step, all cars will receive a coat of Testors dullcote.  


All 50 received dullcote as well as two undecorated cars received gray paint.  We're moving right along with the fleet.


No comments:

Post a Comment