Sunday, August 24, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: LaSalle Staging Nearly Complete

Over the weekend, I completed laying the remainder of the track for LaSalle Yard.  The glue is drying tonight.  I need to add feeders for the yard tracks near the yard ladder.  I don't believe I will need feeders on the drop leaf section.  When the drop leaf yard flips up, I slide the rail joiners down to connect to the yard tracks.  It should make a good electrical contact.  My usual wiring method consists of dropping feeders every three feet or so, or for any section of track between turnouts.  I had never had any issues in the past doing it this way.

I was surprised tonight to learn that the four track LaSalle Staging Yard has a 64-car capacity.  Not bad for a temporary section.  This will help out with my op plan quite nicely.














No comments:

Post a Comment