Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 08.20.14

Cut and shaped the remaining track up to the drop leaf LaSalle Yard.  I'm waiting to receive two Caboose Industries ground throws before I glue in place.

LaSalle Yard - Looking East

LaSalle Yard - Looking West

I installed a decoder in the Soo Line GP35 chassis.  I will use the same chassis to occasionally run a Burlington Northern GP30 by simply swapping the shells.  The locomotive runs great!


Added weight to a few box cars.  I added five into service.  I typically add a 1/2 oz to almost all cars if possible.  It seems to help with performance.










2 comments:

  1. Great work, Steve. That going to be a nice staging area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dwayne. I agonized over how to add staging for quite a while. I believe it will work well.

      Delete