Sunday, September 14, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 09.14.14

Tonight, I worked on several things.

I moved three Caboose Industries ground throws at the west Ottawa yard ladder.  I installed them using the pre-drilled holes by the person that constructed my turnouts.  The holes were too close to the rail and a few freight cars and locomotives would get caught on them.  I tried trimming them back, but that didn't work.  I removed the ground throws and installed extension bars using flower wire.  Thanks to my friend Larry for donating some to the layout not long ago.  All are working well now.

I repaired a turnout on the east yard ladder with two broken points.

I worked on weathering the driveway at PQ.  It turned out pretty good.  Although, I have a feeling I will re-visit again.  It's hard weathering such a large lot.  It will do for now.  PQ is going to look awesome when fully scenicked and all structures and details present.













I installed the newly painted telephone poles along the back side of Ottawa Yard and along PQ.  I think they look really nice.



The telephone poles look awesome.  I'm really pleased with these.












No comments:

Post a Comment