Monday, January 12, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Farm and Signal Dept Update

Well I started off the evening working on the crossing signals for Putnam Rd.  I managed to strip the wire out of one of the units.  These were already damaged previously and I thought I would be able to repair them, but it didn't quite work out.

So I ordered a new set from Azatrax.  They should be in by the end of the week.

The signals will be used as detailed parts in the yard by the office at Ottawa yard.

I then turned my attention to restaging the layout.  I managed to get about 75% complete with that project.

I pulled up the thumbtacks from the plowed fields at Franklin Farms.  I need to go back and add grass, weeds and groundcover around the edges of the plowed fields.  I think it should turn out pretty good when I'm finished.

To the left of this field will be a thick brush of trees between the farm and the loading track at Belrose Silica.

It is a narrow piece of real estate to scenic but I feel adding the fields will make it feel like the scene stretches further out than actually does.

I'm getting excited about the next operating session.

I think while I wait on my replacement signal set to come in this week, I will work on repairing the numerous turnout points that have popped loose.  I believe I counted six or seven that need repair now.  :-(

I will also try to scenic around Franklin Farms.   I would like to have all that completed before the next operating session.

No comments:

Post a Comment